Sign in to follow this  
Rosiebug

Moving to no coverage area

Question

We have been with US Cellular for 16 years, have 2 financed phones and 1 tablet on the 12G/14G stretch plan.  The tablet contract ends in May of 2018.  We are moving to an area of Washington state that does not have US Cellular coverage unfortunately.  I know I have to pay off the phones but should I have to pay an early termination fee since we are going to a no coverage area?  It is my choice to move but not my choice to change carriers! 

4 answers to this question

I would call their CS number and explain the situation and that you hate that you have to switch, and ask if they can work with you.

In my opinion they will probably let you return the phones, and not make you pay an ETF if you play the sorrow ard hard enough. 

They usually comp the ETF if they see that you are primarily roaming for long enough, I bet they'd work with you to comp it preemptively if you tell them you're moving out of USCC's home area.

They usually comp the ETF if they see that you are primarily roaming for long enough, I bet they'd work with you to comp it preemptively if you tell them you're moving out of USCC's home area.

If the phones are not subsidized and on installment plan, you could swap to a total plan and pay off the phones... Then no etf.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

We recently moved out of the USC coverage area and had about 6 months before one of the contacts ran out.  I explained to CS the situation, and they did not charge any ETF.