hrdnhvy

S8+ Root, anyone?

On 9/4/2017 at 2:05 PM, slim2none4u said:

Guess I was the only one with the kahoonas :-D

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If I end up upgrading to an S8, I'll do it.  Not sure if I'll just limp along with my S6 for a while, though... Its working relatively well, except for the camera lens that occasionally gets stuck and requires a tap on the screen to get autofocus to work...

Does Netflix come preinstalled, or will I have to side load it since it no longer shows up in the Play store for rooted devices?

Does Netflix come preinstalled, or will I have to side load it since it no longer shows up in the Play store for rooted devices?

They have a fix for that in the s8+ root thread on da.
It's just a matter a build.prop edit if I recall.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

A new root version using modified system and Odin.
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforum%2Exda-developers%2Ecom%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D3693790&share_tid=3693790&share_fid=3793&share_type=t

[ROOT][sNAPDRAGON S8+ALL CARRIERS] Using Odin Modified System Firmware-SamFAIL Method

So I have a galaxy s8+ through US Cellular. I unlocked it (well actually it came unlocked, I didn't have to do anything) with AT&T, like, I have an AT&T sim in my phone and I'm using it through them now. Should I be looking up roms and root files for s8 phones specifically through AT&T or should any s8 phone's roms/root files work? I wouldn't normally care about messing around with different roms and whatnot but when I switched from US Cellular to AT&T, I had to sit and mess with the APN and network settings for like, hours, before I could get it all to work correctly and my fear is that I'll have to go through all of that again if I use a US Cellular rom. What would you do if you were me?

So I have a galaxy s8+ through US Cellular. I unlocked it (well actually it came unlocked, I didn't have to do anything) with AT&T, like, I have an AT&T sim in my phone and I'm using it through them now. Should I be looking up roms and root files for s8 phones specifically through AT&T or should any s8 phone's roms/root files work? I wouldn't normally care about messing around with different roms and whatnot but when I switched from US Cellular to AT&T, I had to sit and mess with the APN and network settings for like, hours, before I could get it all to work correctly and my fear is that I'll have to go through all of that again if I use a US Cellular rom. What would you do if you were me?
You could just flash the stock att firmware to it and get volte and wifi calling working...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Unlocked? If you mean sim unlocked then they all are. The SM-G955U is the same device for all US carriers. They all have a locked bootloader. So this means, no custom recovery. There's root available over at xda. There are also thread for carrier switching. If you just got the device, I would suggest reading the root thread and the carrier switching thread to get an idea of how this device works. It's a little different than normal. Root is gained with an engineering bootloader, and that comes with a battery cap issue at 80%. The CSC (carrier specific bloat) is installed based on the sim card.

The device is a bit different than the norm so I would read those threads to get a feel for it before i did anything with Odin.