Sign in to follow this  
Bumpindude

S7 quit fast charging

About a week ago my s7 quit fast charging for a day just normal charging but then it started fast charging again. Well for the past two days now not only does it not fast charge, but it charges so slow that just reading through the forum or emails it will actual drop a percent every two minutes or so.

I have tried multiple outlets, 5 different chargers and combinations of the cords and plug ins and one was even brand new Samsung from usc. Checked multiple times to make sure everything was plugged in all the way, blew air duster in the port and blew it out good, even turned off fast charging and turned it back on and a couple restarts.

So any more ideas on what it could be?
Rooted on MM

Could just be the charger or cord. Mine never has fast charged using the plug from my Note 4 and my Anker cord, but my Note 4 would. I tried my S7 Edge plug with the Anker cord and it still won't. It only fast charges with plug and cord that came with the phone.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

The original doesn't work and the brand new one from usc that was Samsung brand doesn't work and none of the other three in between either

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

And I forgot to mention in the original post but it now takes a little more than 6 hours to charge from %50 while in airplane mode

I thought fast charge was disable with the updates push out because the problems Samsung had with the note7 I smell a class action lawsuit against Samsung. My old gs5 charges twice as fast

Idk my gs5 would go from 40% to 100% under a hour
My gs7e goes from 40% to 100% 3 hrs

Ya I haven't done any updates since I bought the phone about a year ago cause I didn't want to lose root so this just kinda came on out of no where. Going to try going back to stock factory reset and try it. If not probably just go get the s8. I can't plug it in at night at 10 percent and wake up 8 hours later with only 80 percent just not that patient for that lol