kdp7462

eBay Purchase Question

Hi all,

I recently purchased an LG G5 on eBay. The listing noted US Cellular as the network, but when the phone was delivered today, it is a Sprint branded phone. Am I correct to assume that USCC won't be able to activate this phone? If they can, I'll keep it and won't go through eBay for a resolution because it is in good condition and I received it for a good price. 

I won't get to a store for a few days due to work, but if the answer is no, I'll work through eBay right away.

Thanks for any info you guys can give. 

As long as the IMEI hasn't been blacklisted by Sprint you shouldn't have any trouble activating it at all.

I would just call us cellular and try to activate it it doesn't take that long and it's completely free. If it doesn't work and their system tries to activate it I would be really surprised.

I'm nearly certain it would work

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks, Rub!

I don't have the G5 w me at the moment, but should take the Sim card that's in my Nexus 5x, right?

Should, yes. Nano SIM.

Either way you'll have to call them to give them the new phone's IMEI or meid number (meid is the same as the IMEI without the last digits)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk