Sign in to follow this  
Atheist Antichrist

About to root 910R4

Okay, so I've been lurking around collecting information to prepare to root and install TWRP on my Note 4. It seems fairly straight forward and rather easy barring unexpected issues, but I have a question. Should I install recovery with Odin then flash superuser through TWRP, or should I CF-Root then flash recovery through TWRP app, or CF-Root, then Odin TWRP? I'm trying to do it with the fewest issues possible but it seems like any way I go will probably be okay but I haven't rooted anything in a long while and thought it wise to ask people that screw with these things regularly. Thanks

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk

That was the way I was leaning. I have 3 versions of Odin, 3 TWRP, and 4 versions of SuperU so I think I'm covered.

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk

You should only need one version of each of those...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

You should only need one version of each of those...

And it should be the newest version of each ^

Well, both suggestions feel right, and in an ideal world they would be. However, decades of computer experience have taught me that a person is often rewarded if they prepare them self. To prove the point, the world saw fit to require me to seek out a version of ODIN I didn't have since the version specifically recommended to me didn't work. Compatibility issues are unpredictable so I try to prepare.