I cou;dnt get TWRP to install through Odin, so I rooted through Odin then flashed TWRP through the Official TWRP app.  Now no matter what I do the phone goes into download mode.  Wont booy regularly, wont enter recovery.

So boot to download mode and Flash the factory firmware via Odin.

You have to install TWRP through Odin that's how it has worked for years and that's the only real way to do it that works, every one of my guides for every single Samsung phones says that.

Use the right TWRP, Odin 3.12+, and supersu 2.79.

http://teamuscellular.com/Forum/index.php?/topic/8013-[How-to]-Trip-Knox-&-(Obtain-Root)

Did you read that?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Well, I reflashed CF-Root and so the phone will now go into recovery, but the phone keeps rewriting TWRP with the stock recovery.  It did that the one time I got Odin to complete a recovery flash.  The bootloader isnt being cool, I think.  I need to figure out a workaroumd or something.

OkayWell, I reflashed CF-Root and so the phone will now go into recovery, but the phone keeps rewriting TWRP with the stock recovery.  It did that the one time I got Odin to complete a recovery flash.  The bootloader isnt being cool, I think.  I need to figure out a workaroumd or something.

******UPDATE******

Well after having a phone that would only go to Download Node, I downloaded ODIN v,3,12.3 and another recovery and I now have TWRP.  Additionally, I used recovery to fkash superuser so I am rooted,  So, yay!

OkayWell, I reflashed CF-Root and so the phone will now go into recovery, but the phone keeps rewriting TWRP with the stock recovery.  It did that the one time I got Odin to complete a recovery flash.  The bootloader isnt being cool, I think.  I need to figure out a workaroumd or something.

******UPDATE******

Well after having a phone that would only go to Download Node, I downloaded ODIN v,3,12.3 and another recovery and I now have TWRP.

For those of you that are interested, I had issues with ODIN v.3.10....it just didn't want to work. Once I switched to v.3.12 everything worked out okay.