Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Atheist Antichrist

Need App Recommendation

4 posts in this topic

My recent success at rooting my phone represents the first such success I've had in years. Back then I used, with great success, ROM Toolbox Pro a JRummy app. If you're unfamiliar, it contains a suite of root-level apps and was actually a great enough app that I paid for the full version. You could do a lot of cool things like set sdcard cache, edit build.prop, change boot animations, system font, and a bunch of other things not the least of which was an app manager. It could uninstall, disable and/or move apps from the user to system partitions. Whatever you want to do with an app it would do. Not so much now. I haven't used everything in the app so it might all be broken now, I guess I will know soon enough. Anyway, the point of all this was: does anyone know of a good app for managing apps? I want to remove some system apps, move some apps to the system partition, etc,. and Ive wasted time on a number of crappy, useless apps. Lucky Patcher, of all things, is the best app manager I know of. Oddly, it will uninstall system apps or move apps to the system partition. It just isn't always great at it. It moved superSU to the system, which should have been there already since it was flashed through recovery.

On an unrelated matter, am I the only person who feels that SuperSU blows? It takes so long to grant access that apps forget what they're trying to do.

When I get the prompt and hit Grant it's instant. Like maybe a 1/2 second delay.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

All those system apps you are adding will cause the device to become more sluggish, try removing any that don't specifically have a reason to be on /system (better battery stats, greenify, and a couple others are the only ones that come to mind).

Also, SuperSU doesn't have to be a system app. The actual root access is a modification to your kennel and SELinux permissions, it has nothing to do with where the manager/GUI application is stored on your phone