So just stumbled upon our first issue w/ Pixel XL on uscc. When I text photos from S7s to pixel, S7 messaging compresses to 250 KB, but the image comes to pixel ~ 30KB and looks like crap. Texting photos from pixel to s7 is fine - pixel compresses to 400-800kb. I tried Textra and didn't help, messed around w/ legacy APN settings but don't know what I'm doing. Tried different carrier network access point - currently on usccinternet, but again not sure what I'm doing, and other uscc didn't help. Would like to use MMS when I'm out and about to text my wife's pixel so I don't use data. Found this thread but no solutions: https://productforums.google.com/d/msg/phone-by-google/ApIGoEZJ63g/XoVqxK4WAAAJ

Any ideas?

I've noticed that on several occasions. The MMS quality is abysmal.

To rectify that, I use Hangouts whenever possible - they still compress but not nearly as much. You can still read text in a pic or see details.

There's no fix or anything, it's just uscc making the pic
Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Textra is cool since you can view all media in a text thread - and all the old photos from differing samsung devices look so much better. Hangouts made the photo about 500kb so not too bad I guess. All in the name of "progress".

It's good to know it's not just me. Few MMS photos to come through are almost unusable they're so bad.