Has anyone had any luck modifying the boot animation? I attempted to but only managed to remove the original and decided to call that victory.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

It's incredibly simple all you have to do is replace the boot animation that's there with the one you want so when you copy the new one into that folder you replace the original and then change permissions to rw-r--r--

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I believe Samsungs have a different boot animation configuration, or at least they used to.  But if there's a file called "bootanimation.zip" in the directory /system/media then you can follow iR1O's instructions.

I believe Samsungs have a different boot animation configuration, or at least they used to.  But if there's a file called "bootanimation.zip" in the directory /system/media then you can follow iR1O's instructions.
Yes, they do. I figured that out eventually as I looked into it more. However, its no longer an issue...I got high and accidentally wiped everything in my phone including external SD, so I'm now running woundtight's AICP ROM which has some issues, but the boot animation isn't among them. In fact, despite the issues I have more freedom with the custom ROM. No surprise there.

Sent from my trlteusc using Tapatalk