PakRatJR

Getting TWRP installed

Back on my G3 with 5.0.1 for a bit and I am having a bugger of a time trying to figure out how to get TWRP on it. Rooting was no problem but everything I can find for recovery doesn't seem to work anymore. A bunch of broken links or ADB commands that I am guessing are for previous versions of android as they always come back with errors about not finding correct files for things.

The only thing I was able to find that I had hope for was the official TWRP app from the play store but I have tried multiple versions of TWRP through that and all of them just give me, I think it said secure boot?error, and just goes into a recovery bootloop. I have had to reflash stock recovery and re setup the phone way too many times now.

Is their anything out their yet that still works?

Actually, thinking more on it, all I really would like to do is get xposed installed. But even that seems to get me into troubles also. Way too many links and I am scratching my head as to what to download/use anymore. It has been way too long since I last looked into this stuff and I am getting a tad bit lost and overwhelmed over the last few days. ???:-[

I did try flashfire which seems like it is the way to go, but ran into a no boot issue and again had to reflash stock and start over. Don't know if it was the wrong xposed version or what the issue was.

Edited by PakRatJR