Sign in to follow this  
Evil John

Get AppleCare?

Question

Got my son a new iPhone 7 today.

They wanted to sell me the device protection plan, and tried to explain how it worked with AppleCare.

Just made it more confusing.

I have had some less than great experiences with the USC Device Protection plan, so I normally turn it down, and I turned it down again for this.

But I am considering getting AppleCare for it, since I have had good experiences with AppleCare in the past.

Can anyone explain how they work together, if it is worth getting both, or if it is worth getting AppleCare.

Thanks,

John.

3 answers to this question

iR10, thanks for that, but it doesn't tell me the advantage of getting "device protection" from usc, or specifically "device Protection+"

Even this page is confusing. The googling you recommend compares AppleCare+ to standard AppleCare

So my casual research has found that device protection + would be $12 per month (so $360 for the 30 month term), plus $99 for major damage.

Applecare+ would be $129, and $99 per replacement (can be done twice) for two years.

The difference I saw was that the device protection+ plan includes theft replacement.

Seems like Applecare+ is the more affordable option.

This is late, but to me apple care is worth the price tag rather than paying the monthly fee to the carrier. Yes the major drawback is not having the theft replacement. In the span of you owning the device apple. Also I believe you can get a refund on the unexpired portion of the plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro