Sign in to follow this  
mrjenkins

Note 8 preorder

So I received a text from USCC today in regards to pre-ordering the note 8. In a way I was kind of waiting for this phone to drop but I am wondering if it will be what I really want. Is anybody else considering getting one? Also I am wondering if it might take a while to obtain root since it seems to be getting increasingly harder like with the S8 or maybe it is similar enough to the S8 that root might come sooner. Please bear with me if I seem a little noobish with this newer stuff. I would consider myself more old fashioned then a noob. Been around since the days of the Mesmerize and Mr Cale can vouch for that one. Just been out of the loop for a while.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Tapatalk

So I received a text from USCC today in regards to pre-ordering the note 8. In a way I was kind of waiting for this phone to drop but I am wondering if it will be what I really want. Is anybody else considering getting one? Also I am wondering if it might take a while to obtain root since it seems to be getting increasingly harder like with the S8 or maybe it is similar enough to the S8 that root might come sooner. Please bear with me if I seem a little noobish with this newer stuff. I would consider myself more old fashioned then a noob. Been around since the days of the Mesmerize and Mr Cale can vouch for that one. Just been out of the loop for a while.

Root will definitely be an issue for a long time. The S8 just got root the other day, and the Note is a niche device with a much smaller user base.

Frankly, unless you really want the stylus and other Note-specific features, the S8 Plus is a much better choice being as how it costs $250 less and has virtually the same specs, plus root is available (for now at least).

Also if you wait a month or two after launch they usually run promos that significantly reduce the price of buying one outright.

Just my 2¢

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Root will definitely be an issue for a long time. The S8 just got root the other day, and the Note is a niche device with a much smaller user base.

Frankly, unless you really want the stylus and other Note-specific features, the S8 Plus is a much better choice being as how it costs $250 less and has virtually the same specs, plus root is available (for now at least).

Also if you wait a month or two after launch they usually run promos that significantly reduce the price of buying one outright.

Just my 2¢

I see your point brother. The biggest part of the Note I like is the big beautiful screen. Don't get me wrong, the S8+ has a big screen but it looks tall and skinny compared to my Note 3. If it were wider it wouldn't seem off but I guess the point was to be able to fit in a pocket maybe. I looked into the time line of how long it took from the initial release of the S8 for the US market to obtain root for the S8 and it was approximately 4 months which isn't that bad. That could be enough time to get a better deal on such a device by waiting to get one. A little off topic but how is xposed shaping up or is it? I love xposed but is it becoming obsolete?

I see your point brother. The biggest part of the Note I like is the big beautiful screen. Don't get me wrong, the S8+ has a big screen but it looks tall and skinny compared to my Note 3. If it were wider it wouldn't seem off but I guess the point was to be able to fit in a pocket maybe. I looked into the time line of how long it took from the initial release of the S8 for the US market to obtain root for the S8 and it was approximately 4 months which isn't that bad. That could be enough time to get a better deal on such a device by waiting to get one. A little off topic but how is xposed shaping up or is it? I love xposed but is it becoming obsolete?

Xposed doesn't have official support on AOSP Nougat and very well may never be officially supported. Plus on MM there was a separate unofficial Xposed for Samsung (TouchWiz) devices.