electro_handyman

COE credit is not automatic

Just a word to the wise, as your phones are paid off, upgrade eligible if not bought outright, YOU have to ask for the "customer owned equipment" credit, it is not automatically applied to your account......

Free money for them if you don't catch it......and I didn't for 2yrs... uggg. $700+  lesson learned....

The credit is not what it used to be either. I have one that is 30 and now the one that I missed is only 20.

On 8/25/2017 at 11:56 AM, electro_handyman said:

Just a word to the wise, as your phones are paid off, upgrade eligible if not bought outright, YOU have to ask for the "customer owned equipment" credit, it is not automatically applied to your account......

Free money for them if you don't catch it......and I didn't for 2yrs... uggg. $700+  lesson learned....

The credit is not what it used to be either. I have one that is 30 and now the one that I missed is only 20.

I'm not understanding you, can you elaborate more? 

I'm about to pre order the note 8 so I need to make sure I'm going through the right way of doing this. 

After you pay off a phone you're paying installments on there's a discount - but said discount isn't automatically applied to your account, you have to contact them and request it be applied.

So if you're making payments on your new phone it won't matter, but if you're paying for it in full then you need to have them put that discount on your account.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Just curious what are the limitations to this. I have had my current phone now for four years and am still currently paying the subsidized price from when I got the phone or are you only eligible for this upon the time the device is paid off?

Edit:nvm. for some reason Tapatalk doesn't take me to the first unread post even though it is set to. I see by the OP that I missed that boat. Oh well. It's good to know for the future

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Tapatalk