kresston

Call Forwarding

Question

Planning on going on vacation next weekend to an area that USCC roams on Verizon. SO to have data while traveling I got a few StraightTalk sims one for my old XT1575 (no current service and replaced by an S8+ on USCC) and one for the COE XT1575 that's currently active on USCC. I have activated the sims for StraightTalk for each device. The plan is to use my old XT1575 as GPS/Data while traveling and for the COE line to have data plug the StraightTalk sim in and use it for just the trip. I know with the Stretch Data plan I should have call forwarding, what I want to do is forward the COE XT1575 to the new StraightTalk line immediately so that if COE line is called we will not miss the call. I found instructions on USCC's website on how to start said service but I want to know will I incur any charges because at the bottom it mentions something about roaming (All Call Forwarded Calls are billed at the Outgoing Minutes Rate (not Incoming Rate). If Call Forwarding is used while the cell phone is roaming, the outbound call will be charged at the roaming rate (plus any applicable long distance charges). The sim for the COE XT1575 will be with us but will not be in the phone so do I need to worry about charges? The USCC will not be returned to the COE phone until we return. Any advice?

2 answers to this question

You won't be billed unless you make an outgoing call from your US Cellular number, which you would not be doing because you're not making an outbound call with your US Cellular phone.

I've done this also, good workaround on the cheap and quick.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks, that's what I thought but just wanted to make sure.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk