Sign in to follow this  
ppsi

Daughter got a new phone & was not supposed to

My daughter is (was) on my plan and her phone was eligible for an upgrade. Her Iphone was broken (screen) so she went into a store and got a new phone. I was her the next day and she mentioned this to me. I told her she shouldn't have done this because I don't want to commit to USCellular for another two years.I told her that she needed to get on her own plan. She was going out of state the next day and was going to take care of this when she got back. The next day I called to make sure she would be OK getting her own plan and transferring her phone to the new plan. The agent I spoke with said it would be no problem and that the obligation/installments for the new phone would simply go with the new plan that she chose. Today I get a call from her and it came from a new number. I never answer calls from unrecognized numbers but today I did and it was her. She told me she got a new number AND a new phone and that the agent told her to give her other phone to me because I had one or more lines available for upgrade. I told her this was total BS and that she needed to go back and have them port her number to her plan AND use the phone that she was told to give to me as her phone and to give the new phone back. She later called me saying that we both have to go to the store in order to handle this. This seems like a crap to me. It sounded like someone wanted to make a sale and stick me with some phone that I have no desire to have. Is there anything that I can do to get this settled without having to go into a store with my daughter? She doesn't have much time for such things because she works a lot of hours and I have no desire to go into town. It's about an hour drive with traffic and who knows how many hoops I'll have to jump through AND how long the line to wait will be.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Call CS with all the info you can and explain the situation.

They will likely sympathize with you and do everything to correct it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Just wait and see if they bill you for it, then bust some heads! If they don't bill you, then sell that sucker. iSaps buy those things for I think 1million dollars or something stupid. You could retire!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Well I ended up having to go to a corporate store and fill out a transfer of ownership form etc etc. They gave her back her old number, activated the first IPhone and took back/gave credit for the second iPhone. Pain in the Richard but it's done now and I'm not obligated to stay with us cellular. I am think about Google fi but will wait until the new pixel arrives.
Thanks

Galaxy S4, Slimkat
If I wasn't married I'd quit fishing :)