PakRatJR

Second opinion on G4 on ebay?

I was under the impression that all US Cellular version phones were marked as such on the box. Did that change at some point or is this the unlocked version.

Listing says he tried using it on Verizon but it kept trying to activate on US Cellular.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Thanks

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=172853459535&alt=web

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

They don't always mark the box it's in the model number. That's the important part.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That's what I thought as well with the model number. I guess what I was worried about was that I have been seeing alot of 991s that are being listed as "unlocked" gsm on ebay and newegg.

I actually found a listing for a white 991 unlocked for us cell. I don't remember having the option for white. It was only gold, grey or leather.

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

It is probably one and the same, however, when it's activated on USCC it then locks to USCC until they release it.

If it's bought at full price (like from LG or Newegg) it would be unlocked, since there's no contract there wouldn't be any lock on it once activated.

That's my assumption, based on hardware specs it would fit the "unlocked" bands like a Nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Well.....Got the phone. Had Marshmallow 6.0 on it. 

Tried to revert back to Lollipop using LGUP.

Looked like it was working. Said 100%. Apparently not so much.

At the moment, computer sees that something is connected, but don't know what it is.

Wont power up.

Think I just bricked my first ever phone LOL=-:-[

Had it in my hands for a whole two hours. Never even got to the trying to activate it part. Hmmm

Edited by PakRatJR

Found another one for cheaper with a busted screen. I'm thinking pull the guts from that and put it in this new body.

Still cheaper so far than buying a actual new one LOL ;D