So I made a huge mistake. Verizon was offering a great deal on the Pixel, I was in need of upgrading 3 of the phones on my USC plan so I switched to Verizon. Ended up with 7 pixels on the plan. 5 new and 2 that I had been using on USC. Long story short, even with two towers in close proximity their service is horrible. All 7 phones experience constant dropped calls, no data, just crap service. Tried new sim cards, messed with network settings, and full resets to no avail. They say service looks good in my area. Lol

Verizon will let me out of the business contract however I would need to buy out the phones. I talked to my USC store and he said he thought that he could activate them. After getting up to a tech in Chicago they said no. They apparently cause problems with their towers...

So is there a realistic way to activate them. I mean I fudged the 2 I had as nexus 5x's before but to call in and try to activate 7 of them? Would that fly? Any thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

There's no reason the Pixel won't activate on USCC's network...

That being said, I have not tried this personally since I switched to Fi before I got my Pixel.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

So if my local store won't activate them, is it possible to call 611 and set up an entire business account over the phone then activate them at that time? I just assumed I'd have to do it at the store and sign a bunch of things.

Yup just call customer service and activate them that way. That way they never get to see the phone they just get the meid or IMEI and you put the SIM card in and it works.

Just say it's a 6P/5X/ Nexus 6. They won't know and it won't matter.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

So the tech guy was just pushing a line of bs about it crashing their towers? I mean it would surprise me that they would approve project fi if there was any truth to that at all.
Also, I assume I'd have to pull the vzw sims and then do a factory reset no?

No you don't have to do a factory reset at all just swap the SIM cards out after you give them the IMEI or meid and that's it.

Yeah he's full of crap that or he's just dumb enough to believe it... I did exactly the same thing for dozens of lines with the Nexus 6p and 5X.

It still amazes me how some of their employees actually think that phone's not designed for their Network would actually crash the the network or do anything other than simply not function. Omg... Lol.

But yeah it's very simple. Don't do anything on the phone other than swap the SIM card and that's it, maybe dial *228 after they tell you that they added the phone. But you probably won't have to do that.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Local corporate store activates them all the time. There is no issues with pixels on USCC system.

Well I'll look into it a little further with my local corporate store. Is the oreo update working with lte or do I have to still mess with the apn settings?

Local corporate store activates them all the time. There is no issues with pixels on USCC system.

You wouldn't happen to be in Nebraska would you? I'd like to find a store that will do it.

You wouldn't happen to be in Nebraska would you? I'd like to find a store that will do it.

Central Iowa, sorry.

Also, why would USCC sign on with Project Fi if it messed with their towers? Most employees I talk to, don't even know about Fi...

Also, why would USCC sign on with Project Fi if it messed with their towers? Most employees I talk to, don't even know about Fi...

Exactly.

So far so good. I had 3 sim cards lying around so I was able to get 3 switched over today. They are overnighting 4 more so I can activate the rest tomorrow. The gal that has been helping me has been a pleasure to work with. So nice and willing to troubleshoot since 2 of them were being a pita.

Oddly enough, one of the 3 had lte no problem. The other 2 I had to set up new APN profiles.