soulweeper

Can Moto X be unlocked?

My wife and I both had the first generation Moto X as our first smartphones, and I've since gone to the Moto X Pure, and I love that phone. My wife didn't like it, due to the size, and went with a Samsung S7. She hates it, and misses the simplicity of her Moto X. The only new ones I can find, are on Ebay, and appear to be AT&T. I think I know the answer, but can they be unlocked?

Thanks, in advance!

Thank you, but she'd only want a new one, which is next to impossible to find, haha. There are brand new, factory sealed ones for AT&T, but they'd have to be unlocked, which can be done, but not sure if that would make it compatible with U.S. Cellular.

Edited by soulweeper

Thank you, but she's only want a new one, which is next to impossible to find, haha. There are brand new, factory seal ones for AT&T, but they'd have to be unlocked, which can be done, but not sure if that would make it compatible with U.S. Cellular.
No, the AT&T (or any other model) cannot be unlocked to work on USCC's network. Any Moto X except for the X Pure 2015 has to be the USCC variant.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I've got a 2013 Moto X that I'd sell for a very reasonable price, and it's in great condition. PM me if you're interested

Throw lineage OS on her s7, it will be great hardware with simple software that almost matches the moto stuff

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, phalkon30 said:

Throw lineage OS on her s7, it will be great hardware with simple software that almost matches the moto stuff

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Never heard of that. Does it require rooting and whatnot?

Never heard of that. Does it require rooting and whatnot?
Lineage OS is the new name for the CyanogenMod ROM. It doesn't require root, but it does require a custom recovery to install.