soulweeper

Moto X4 compatible with U.S. Cellular

Which version did you get, by the way? They have an Android One version, obviously for Project Fi. And I'm assuming they have a non Android One version, but the Motorola site shows the X4 working with Project Fi, so I'm assuming they're all the same, essentially.
Pasted a site below that I felt had good info. I've also been looking at switching to Fi. They have a deal right now to buy the AO x4 for $249, and if you get a second you'll get $249 credit to your Fi account.

What I've seen, and this article describes, is the AO x4 and regular x4 are essentially the same. Difference is the AO version is pure Android. The regular version has some Lenovo/Motorola customizations, also has Tempow Audio where the AO version does not. Per the Fi FAQ, both versions work with Fi but only the AO version is available to purchase through Fi.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cell-phone-reviews/moto-x4-android-one-review/

1 hour ago, martha3065 said:

Pasted a site below that I felt had good info. I've also been looking at switching to Fi. They have a deal right now to buy the AO x4 for $249, and if you get a second you'll get $249 credit to your Fi account.

What I've seen, and this article describes, is the AO x4 and regular x4 are essentially the same. Difference is the AO version is pure Android. The regular version has some Lenovo/Motorola customizations, also has Tempow Audio where the AO version does not. Per the Fi FAQ, both versions work with Fi but only the AO version is available to purchase through Fi.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cell-phone-reviews/moto-x4-android-one-review/

I was looking at their plans/prices the other day, and saw that deal. Makes it very tempting. The ONLY reason I haven't just done it, is I'm not super thrilled to switch from my Pure to one of these. But my wife wants a different phone, so.....might just get one and activate it on USCC, since it appears it is possible. Just not sure yet. :)

As a former uscc subscriber that now uses FI, I haven't looked back. It's the same great uscc service with actual roaming.

There are rare times when it gets stuck on a bad tower, but I use the fi switch app to move it. Not a huge deal to me

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, phalkon30 said:

As a former uscc subscriber that now uses FI, I haven't looked back. It's the same great uscc service with actual roaming.

There are rare times when it gets stuck on a bad tower, but I use the fi switch app to move it. Not a huge deal to me

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That's kind of what I was thinking, as far as the "roaming". In my area, USCC is still the best, but if we go south on a day trip or whatever, it's spotty, as far as data, and some calls, so it seems it would almost have to be better, in some respects.