Twist3d

Received SMS messages split up

How do I stop long SMS messages that I receive from being split up and mixed up. It makes reading them super confusing plus it's annoying when I receive multiple text alerts for one broken up sms message.

How do I stop long SMS messages that I receive from being split up and mixed up. It makes reading them super confusing plus it's annoying when I receive multiple text alerts for one broken up sms message.
Only way is to have the sender use MMS instead...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Aren't phones supposed to be smart enough to convert SMS to MMS when people type over 160 chars? One would think so but it doesn't seem like that is actually happening.

are you sure it's a person typing it?  The only messages I get broken up are my e-mails/notifications sent to @email.uscc.net

Aren't phones supposed to be smart enough to convert SMS to MMS when people type over 160 chars? One would think so but it doesn't seem like that is actually happening.
Depends on the phone

I can force my texting app to not convert to mms. When I was on uscc I had issues with mms when roaming or bad signal, and many older roms had problems with mms as well.

I agree though, help the person sending to you change their phone settings, it's the only way

On 11/7/2017 at 1:17 PM, phalkon30 said:

I can force my texting app to not convert to mms. When I was on uscc I had issues with mms when roaming or bad signal, and many older roms had problems with mms as well.

Yes, when roaming, MMS doesn't work reliably on USC.  At least not unless you are on solid 3G/4G footing.  If you're stuck somewhere where you have no data, MMS won't work at all.