Sign in to follow this  
Evil John

Adware Popup: "Amazon Rewards Event"

On my wife's Galaxy S7, for about the last week or so, she keeps getting this odd request about taking part in an "amazon rewards event" with a URL from "play.yourmobile.club"

She is smart enough to know not to click on the offer, but it comes up every couple days.

I tried googling these terms, and am only given sites that want to sell me software to remove it from a PC, very suspicious. 

I don't see any suspicious looking apps on her phone, so I'm thinking it might be something in Chrome

I've had her install Firefox Focus, and I have asked here to keep an eye on her browsing behavior so we can figure out exactly what is triggering it.

I'm tempted to have her factory refresh it, but since that is a PITA,

If/when it happens again, we will try for a screen shot and will post it.

I thought I would see if anyone here has run into this.

Thanks,

John.

On my wife's Galaxy S7, for about the last week or so, she keeps getting this odd request about taking part in an "amazon rewards event" with a URL from "play.yourmobile.club"

She is smart enough to know not to click on the offer, but it comes up every couple days.

I tried googling these terms, and am only given sites that want to sell me software to remove it from a PC, very suspicious. 
I don't see any suspicious looking apps on her phone, so I'm thinking it might be something in Chrome
I've had her install Firefox Focus, and I have asked here to keep an eye on her browsing behavior so we can figure out exactly what is triggering it.
I'm tempted to have her factory refresh it, but since that is a PITA,
If/when it happens again, we will try for a screen shot and will post it.
I thought I would see if anyone here has run into this.

Thanks,
John.

I've got this one as well as a four virus one. They are just phishing pop-ups to get you to download an app. The Amazon one I get by clicking on Facebook stuff, and the other one I get on phone arena. Nothing to worry about, just close and continue on. They are a pita when they pop up all the time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk