SirThrive

Roaming issue

Hey everyone. I don't know if this forum is still very active. I've lurked around for a while and have gotten so much info the last few years. Thank you to everyone who's posts have helped me solve issues in the past. I cannot find any info on the problem I'm currently having. I just cracked the screen on my s4. It was a good phone but time to move on now. I got a used LG G5 the other day(after searching it seems that is my main problem lol). Had to get a new sim card since it uses the mini and my old one was to big. Took it to uscellular. He put the new sim in and can't get it to stay connected to the network. It constantly switches to roaming and back. It loses signal whenever that happens so data and voice keep cutting out. Anybody know of a fix?  I'm downloading the stock MM firmware. It has N on it now. I was gonna see if it's a problem with that. I don't know? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Hey everyone. I don't know if this forum is still very active. I've lurked around for a while and have gotten so much info the last few years. Thank you to everyone who's posts have helped me solve issues in the past. I cannot find any info on the problem I'm currently having. I just cracked the screen on my s4. It was a good phone but time to move on now. I got a used LG G5 the other day(after searching it seems that is my main problem lol). Had to get a new sim card since it uses the mini and my old one was to big. Took it to uscellular. He put the new sim in and can't get it to stay connected to the network. It constantly switches to roaming and back. It loses signal whenever that happens so data and voice keep cutting out. Anybody know of a fix?  I'm downloading the stock MM firmware. It has N on it now. I was gonna see if it's a problem with that. I don't know? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. 
I don't know much about LG but are you sure you have the model for the us cellular network? Maybe it's Verizon or Sprint out something. Which of is the case, you would have a similar issue.
Did you buy the phone new or used?
What's the model number? Start there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On 2/20/2018 at 2:05 PM, slim2none4u said:

I don't know much about LG but are you sure you have the model for the us cellular network? Maybe it's Verizon or Sprint out something. Which of is the case, you would have a similar issue.
Did you buy the phone new or used?
What's the model number? Start there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don't have the phone in front of me but I do know the model is Lg USxxx so I'm guessing it would be the uscc version. The sales associate at us cellular said he thought it was a different carrier phone, same as you. Has me wondering if you flash a us cellular Rom over say a Verizon phone will it change how the device model is displayed in the about phone section of settings?

That would not work. Flashing a ROM to a device will not change its model number, and will not affect network connection either.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If it is not a model US992 it will not work reliably or at all. No software will change the hardware

From a quick Google search there is only one model that starts with US

Have you tried factory resetting the phone? Frankly if it's used I would blow away the firmware and flash an official rom for security anyway

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk