pvdiamon

I switched to Verizon: Explanation

I have been with Verizon now since last summer. I switched when I hit the last straw. I was traveling in Alaska and the USCC map showed data service in larger cities.  I had NO data service even in Anchorage.  I couldn't check email until I got on wifi.  I called USCC from Fairbanks, and after 15 minutes of checking, the agent said she doesn't think they have data there.  When I got home and switched, the USCC agent asked me why. I explained this story, and she said that they do have data there, and the first agent should have known this and phoned Alaska to resolve it with the company there.  Well too late.  I liked USCC customer service up to this point, and the signal had been good in most places.  But we had very poor signal at Emerald Isle, NC for years, and  that is home territory for USCC .  I have not had a down side to Verizon until now.  Suddenly we are having problems in eastern NC.  Voice signal in and out and more dropped calls. Verizon store acknowledges something is going on, but no solutions yet.  Manager thinks it started with a bad wind storm, but their technicians do not seem to see it as a priority.  Will AT&T be in my future?

I highly recommend Project Fi. While it's limited to Nexus and Pixel devices, it uses Sprint, T-Mobile, and USCC networks, and relatively seamlessly. Plus it's $20/mo for unlimited talk and text, then $10/GB. My bill is usually less than $30 per month if I'm smart about my data usage, but still pretty reasonably priced if I use more than normal. I've got service in all the places that I did on USCC, plus rural areas that are covered by Sprint, and T-Mobile is pretty good in larger cities.

Just my 2¢

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I agree, it's got the best coverage in most areas because it combines 3 services. The only time it'set me down is where all 3 are roaming and only a specific single carrier works

My bills are about $30

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk