Sign in to follow this  
VIthe3rd

S9 Signal Problem? Possible, Maybe, Or is it just me?

First this thread can be dumped in the S9 forum when we get one. LOL

Anyway, So I just picked up the S9 and so far the phone is an awesome piece of hardware. But it seems to lacking in the reception area just a little. And when I say little I mean that sitting here at my desk my S7 had a full stack and never missed a beat. The S9 fluctuates wildly and I have already missed a person calling me, the only way I knew that I missed that call is that the voice mail alert went off.

Is this a fluke? Or is it gonna be the S3 debacle all over again?

this-is-where-i-would-post-s9-related-topics-if-there-was-an-s9-related-forum.jpg.fdc7884da6a230c24521c0b74872ce79.jpg

First this thread can be dumped in the S9 forum when we get one. LOL

Anyway, So I just picked up the S9 and so far the phone is an awesome piece of hardware. But it seems to lacking in the reception area just a little. And when I say little I mean that sitting here at my desk my S7 had a full stack and never missed a beat. The S9 fluctuates wildly and I have already missed a person calling me, the only way I knew that I missed that call is that the voice mail alert went off.

Is this a fluke? Or is it gonna be the S3 debacle all over again?

this-is-where-i-would-post-s9-related-topics-if-there-was-an-s9-related-forum.jpg.fdc7884da6a230c24521c0b74872ce79.jpg
Us cell model or unlocked?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I've seen lots of reports about the international variant having dropped calls and intermittent signal,. But not any carrier specific

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On 4/12/2018 at 2:49 PM, barndawg76 said:

*228?

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Did that.

Sounds like it's either a hardware issue or a design flaw. I'd recommend returning it on warranty while you can and we if a replacement does the same thing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, Ace is right.

Especially in rural areas.  My S6 has the same problem.  Although it seems to have gotten worse recently...  I now actually start to roam indoors in good signal areas whereas before, I used to drop down to one or two bars, but stayed on USC.   I think they are having network issues on certain bands.

Just a little update on this. So I went to the local USCC store where I bought this S9 and made the complaint to the Rep that sold it to me. He swapped out the sim and did some network side reset. I guess here in Milwaukee the S9 is automatic VOLTE.

So that was 2 weeks ago and it was good for about 5 days or so. Then it started to drop calls and no ring when someone was calling. Just get notified with the VM Icon that there was a new message.

Today went back to the USCC store and asked to have the VOLTE turned off. Lets see if that cures the problem.

I am still thinking it may be a hardware problem.

Side note: The Rep who helped me today said "VOLTE is still new and buggy, So as the issues come up they are being addressed." 

I don't know how accurate that statement is...... But then again I been out of the tech loop now and have just become another user I don't know what to think. Oh Well.

So we're forced to use VOLTE with no user-end way to turn it off?   That's disappointing, actually...  I spend enough time in fringe areas where my S6 claims to have a 4G signal, but data is excrutiatingly slow.  I use the Network app to force CDMA only, and data is usable again.