Sign in to follow this  
GGeoff48

Pixel XL LTE Signal Issues

Does anybody use a Pixel XL on USCC and have trouble keeping LTE? I just picked up a Pixel XL 128GB (Verizon model with the locked bootloader) from Woot and am having trouble with the LTE keeping signal. Below are some readings reading the dbm and asu:

-89dbm, 50 asu
-104, 37
-105, 35
-102, 99

What I see happening is that the LTE signal starts out "good" then after a minutes gets weaker and the signal bars go empty for 2-3 seconds and then LTE comes back. This happens when the ASU hits 99. The Pixel constantly does this yet I haven't noticed a hit on the battery as if the device were constantly scanning for signal.

I took the SIM and put it in my Nexus 6P and the signal was much more reliable & stable, below are some numbers for dbm & asu:

103dbm, 37 asu
102, 38

For laughs, I set the Pixel to 3G and got these numbers and didn't loose connection:

86 dbm, 4 asu

I saw that the Pixel XL does have issue with weak reception and the TMobile & Verizon LTE bands have been problematic but it may have been a manufacturing issue that has since been corrected. I'm wondering if I received an unlucky refurb model from Woot. Any other Pixel experience on USCC is appreciated, because I can't have a phone that constantly looses signal, so I'm really thinking I'll need to return this ASAP.

Thanks!