Sign in to follow this  
barndawg76

Going from a Regular Sammy User to Pixel 2XL

I've been using Samsung phones since the S3, but I recently shattered the screen on my S7 Edge (even damage the OLED screen itself). So I just ordered a Pixel 2XL and I am also switching to Fi. The question for others who have made this switch is; will I be happy with the Pixel phone, compared to the Samsungs I have owned in the past? I love rooting my phones and flashing Roms, so I know I'll get to enjoy that aspect again, at the least.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

I've been using Samsung phones since the S3, but I recently shattered the screen on my S7 Edge (even damage the OLED screen itself). So I just ordered a Pixel 2XL and I am also switching to Fi. The question for others who have made this switch is; will I be happy with the Pixel phone, compared to the Samsungs I have owned in the past? I love rooting my phones and flashing Roms, so I know I'll get to enjoy that aspect again, at the least.

You will never go back!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You will never go back!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks, that's kinda how I feel its going to be. My phone comes tomorrow and I can't wait!

I have a regular pixel 2 (Verizon model) and I find that I have no reason for rooting anymore,. It cAuses .ore trouble then it's worth. The pure Android system is way better then Samsungs bloat.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I was a long time Samsung user before my Nexus 6P, I will never go back.

Imagine a world where you only have one app to do each function (instead of 3 similar apps)

I think the hardware on my S5 was more durable, and swapping the back button took a month to re learn, but you'll love it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I should have made this switch a long time ago! I love this phone, plus I'm done with USC! Well somewhat, considering they're my best Fi service coverage.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I've also made the change to a Pixel 2 XL(64Gb). I can say the it is a vast improvement from my S4... I'm also using the Google FI service at this time with it, I'm wanting to evaluate how well the FI service is for me. If I like what I see/hear/pay(and I am so far.....especially with the rebate) I'll get a Pixel 2 for my wife, port both our existing #'s and give USC the heave ho.....