ppsi

Anyone with info about the Pixel 3?

I have a pixel 2 on Google fi and am very happy with it. My wife has an old iPhone that will soon be replaced. I'm curious if I should wait for the Pixel 3?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I haven't heard anything more than some of the published reviews. Maybe when the 3 comes out, the 2's will come down in price a bit.....

I'm happy with my 2xl, and my wife appears to be happy with her 2. I was disappointed though that Google was offering discounts(aka promo's) for the 2xl but not the basic 2.

She absolutely did not want a 2xl even though I could get it for the same price as a basic 2.

Is your wife going to join you on fi, or she going to stay with her current carrier.

She will be switching to Google fi. The plan and price will be much better. In my area I really don't see a huge difference in coverage. Fi is a little better because I can force switch carriers. If I don't force switch the phone is generally not on the strongest signal at home. As I type this I have no signal at all so I bet it's on T mobile. I'll switch to US cellular and get back to LTE

Mine seems to behave the same way as well. Unless I force it to US cellular it wants to stay on t-mobile, which is weak in my area also.

I had to guess I'd say it's an agreement "clause" that fi uses t-mobile as a "go-to".
After my previous post I went to the fi switch app and forced us cellular and got 3 of 5 bars Immediately. Prior to switching, as is often the case when I'm home, the strength meter was searching for a signal. This is about my only beef with Google fi.

I have the same issue on my 6p and xl2, need to force switch off t mobile often.

It's fine with me, I still have better coverage and reliability even with some manual tweaking

There are plenty of leaks on the xl3, I'd say they're reliable. Personally I just picked up the pixel xl2 a few weeks ago because the 3 didn't look shockingly better, and I got $250 off on project fi.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By now, the Pixel 3 has launched.  My Nexus 6 is still hanging in there, but it's showing its age with occasional lag and freezes. I'm not a fan of the lack of headphone jack on the Pixels, but am willing to get by with the adapter. The only real show stopper for me was US Cellular not (officially) supporting the Pixel 2, and possibly the 3. I was prepared to drop US Cellular and move to Fi....but here's what I found on US Cellular's Facebook page a few days ago ---

So I think I'll go ahead and stay w/ US Cellular for now. =)

uscell_FB.PNG

Edited by Fallstar