Sign in to follow this  
mrjenkins

Firewall to block network access for apps

Hello friends. I just wanted to talk about no root firewall apps that can basically be used to block cell network access as well as wifi access to other android apps based on your setting preferences. Currently I am using NoRoot Firewall made by Grey Shirts. It creates a VPN on your device and gives you the choice to either allow or deny any kind of internet access to pretty much anything on your device that would request access to said networks very easily. The app is very old and hasn't been updated in a LONG time. It used to work perfectly when I was on Nougat but I recently updated to Oreo and since I have done this, the app seems to crash at times but not too often. What I am wondering is if anyone knows of a more recent app of this nature that works good in Oreo? I looked at others in the play store that didn't really seem like I would like them as much but I know that even though this forum has slowed quite dramatically there are still some great minds with great ideas that come around sometimes here and I would love your input

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk