Sign in to follow this  
UNBEKANNT

Motorola Electrify short review

I got the Motorola Electrify because I have always enjoyed the experience I have had in the past with Moto devices.

The Electrify did not disappoint.

Battery life is amazing for a stock device with everything sync'd on a hourly time-frame.

Though I do need to take a second and make a small complaint here. The battery level displays in 10's and that drives me a bit nutty. For example, 100% 90% 80% and so on.

Display is descent, some people have noted that the display is a bit ghostly or washed but it really doesn't bother me.

Speed is incredible, I have been pushing this Moto as hard as I can and can say that it has not slowed or randomly rebooted yet.

Gaming and Apps, All apps work although some don't completely fill the screen. I imagine it's due to the qHD display and it's resolution.

Gaming is superb, not sure if you know this or not, but you can download the Tegra Zone app from the Android Market and play the games that are available on the Motorola Xoom and other Tegra 2 powered devices.

Riptide GP is awesome on tablets and works just as well on the Electrify. Although controls are a bit harder to perform on the Electrify than any tablet due to screen size although I recommend this game to everyone.

Signal Strength is superb as well. Most of the time I have 5 full bars of service regardless of where I go. The lowest I have seen yet is 4 bars.

Would i recommend this to a friend? YES, its flawless to me but then again remember I am a Motorola Fan. :)

-Unbekannt

thanks for sharing !

I agree with you on the phone . this is the first Motorola phone that i have owned .

I do have a xoom but it doesnt have data signal (wifi only) and i am really impressed with the signal strength from this Electrify .

Agreed.

I've owned a long list of Motos.. clear back to the good 'ol Zach Morris phone...

This is pretty impressive so far. Audio is amazing, both calls and music.. the headphone output was even enough to give my home theatre sub a good workout. I've purchased the car dock made for this and the Photon, and I gotta say its nothing short of perfect. Automatically steps into car mode with some really smart shortcuts..

It seamlessly works with my Motorola Roadster Bluetooth unit and gives me the Voice Dial back that I so sorely missed with my HTC.

So far I only have 2 gripes.. Pocket Lock mode and the "in-call" proximity sensor can't be used together.. Apparently Moto thinks I'll either be talking, OR carrying my phone.. but apparently will never need to do both in the same day.

Gripe #2 (and 2.5, since I'm on it) I MISS my HTC "link" feature that brought Facebook pics into my phonebook but a quick app on the market fixed that.. But (2.5) I miss HTC Sense Weather.. yeah, there are apps... but none as smooth as Sense.

Battery is good.. the 10% thing annoys me as well.

Network speeds are simply en fuego. BLAZING. Google maps loads nearly instantly.. full web pages like lightening.... maybe the DNA from it's 4G sister Photon carried over well.

Overall.. I hate new phones, and love them 3 weeks later.. 2 days into the Electrify, I LOVE it.

For the battery, install Circle Battery from the market. It will show you in increments on the task bar.. Yes I know its an extra Battery meter, and there is no way of removing the standard battery meter (yet) but its a good work around until it gets hacked.

The Facebook picture sync thing.... Hmmm, I am really not bothered with that at all. All my contacts (with phone numbers) are edited with pictures on the Gmail account end of it - I did it manually. And all my pics sync every time even when Facebook is not installed.. One less thing connected to Facebook the better in my opinion..

Just takes a little time, but is well worth it. And you can put pics you want instead of some of the God awful pics some people post as profile pics..

Oh and Beautiful Widgets is WELL worth the money for a great totally customizable Sense style clock with Sense Style animated weather...

Even better than that, Beautiful Widgets is free on GetJar right now.

In other news, you all are making me insanely jealous. I can upgrade right now, but trying very hard to wait until the end of October. My CyanogenMod-ed Desire is still doing well, but I think it knows I want to replace it... it's tempting to act up now and then...

Even better than that, Beautiful Widgets is free on GetJar right now.

In other news, you all are making me insanely jealous. I can upgrade right now, but trying very hard to wait until the end of October. My CyanogenMod-ed Desire is still doing well, but I think it knows I want to replace it... it's tempting to act up now and then...

You have more restraint than me, I jumped from desire to electrify the day we received our order.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

Me too . . . our local agent store received their UPS order about 2:00pm on Tuesday. The agent called me to let me know it was in. I told her to start setting it up and I'd be right there. By 2:45 I was out the door and using the Electrify. I quickly put the old TouchPro2 away in the "old phones drawer".

Thanks for the info on the battery app. I don't know if it's a different app or just a name mix up, but I'm using "Battery Circle". I really like having the more accurate reading on the status bar.

I bought "BeWeather" and I love it. Nice looking widgets, and if you click on the sun/moon on the widget, it opens a full screen weather page with all the current/forecast info. It's really a nice looking page and is quick/easy to get to.

Coming from Windows mobile 6.5 where most apps were $10 or more, I'm like a kid in a candy store with all these free, or very cheap apps.

I also bought the "Kaiten" mail app and it is hooked up to "IMAP Idle" to four email accounts. At 3.5 days in, it has worked flawlessly. I was hoping that USC would get the new BlackBerry Bold (for the email service). I decided to try Android and the Electrify and so far, I've been getting my mail as quickly as it comes in.

At 7 hours up so far today, I'm right at 70% battery life. I've not had a lot of screen time with it, but considering it's connected with IMAP Idle to four email accounts plus Gmail push, I don't think that's too bad. The first day, I was kind of worried how fast it drained, but the battery life has gotten better each day it gets cycled.

I've noticed with my electrify that if it gets rebooted during the day the battery will often show 100% again after the reboot (often from a low as 50% before). It's either a bug with the phone or the best dang self-charging battery in the world...

That's a motorola bug.. Been around in all their phones for a long time.. Wish they would fix that..

Crap, I was hoping I had the first self charging battery. It would be great to never have to plug it in again, just reboot once a day and you're good to go.