PastorOfMuppetzQ

Bloggers Needed!

I also have some intro to android things I was maybe going to write. Idk if that'd be very popular at all? As in intro your first smartphone type stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Question. What version of android should I start with? I'm thinking most phones are 4.x versions of android, so should I start there? Or are there more on gingerbread still?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Question. What version of android should I start with? I'm thinking most phones are 4.x versions of android, so should I start there? Or are there more on gingerbread still?

Google probably has better information than I do, but last I heard "about a third" of active Android users are on Gingerbread. However, you should know that Google considers devices active for nine months after they were last seen. So my OG Electrify is still being counted, and that is a Gingerbread device. Although it should be disappearing in the next couple weeks... I've had my S3 for almost 9 months, IIRC. So you have to wonder, if a third of Android users still have Gingerbread, how many have upgraded in the past nine months? ICS came out in 2011, two years ago. Most contracts go 2 years. So if someone bought a Gingerbread phone, they're due up for an upgrade now or very soon.

I would focus on ICS and forward only. To the end user, the differences between 4, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, and 4.4 are very trivial. 4 was a huge leap forward from 2.3 (3.x was tablet-only Honeycomb). Android went from "crappy, but with potential" to "nice, with potential. In my opinion an iPhone gives a better first impression, but my Android phones going back to 2010 could do things iPhone can't do even in 2013. (I'm not knocking iPhones, but they lack some fundamental things I've been taking for granted for 3 and a half years.)

edit: bbcode fail

Edited by penguinfinity

Snodrog I would be glad to help but I'll go ahead and say that it will be few and far between lol. Life has picked up at a blistering pace the past couple years, but I might be able to get in some app reviews or something.

Hey man, we get it. Life, family, work all come first. Obviously.

If you want to, you're more than welcome to write it up, anytime you have some time, its always appreciated!

We don't hold anyone to a standard or anything. Lol

Yeah...same here...I've been trying but between work and the holiday season I've been lacking on time to write...I haven't even written in my personal blog in some time...meh...I'll get there soon hopefully.  I love doing app reviews...means I get to play games with a purpose more than just playing...lol...excuses...not that I need them.

Snodrog I would be glad to help but I'll go ahead and say that it will be few and far between lol. Life has picked up at a blistering pace the past couple years, but I might be able to get in some app reviews or something.

Send me a story if ya want.  Can read it over and then get some pictures added in

I give up. Tapatalk hates links.

Pretend the following is a YouTube video.

[Michael bolton - when a man loves a woman]

Edited by MattO

I give up. Tapatalk hates links.

Pretend the following is a YouTube video.

[Michael bolton - when a man loves a woman]

Do this and where it says XYZ put the YouTube link and don't use any spaces:

[you tube ] XYZ [/ you tube]

It'll embed the video in the post like this

By the way, everyone should watch all 4 episodes. If you've seen them, watch then again!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Edited by BorNX

I've got another write up coming soon I think. I just have to decide exactly what I want to do. Depends on if my first one was of any use to people lol. 

If it wasn't I'm feeling an app review or something. 

Edited by Zenzr

If you need a female perspective I'd be willing (as long as my real job wouldn't get in the way), and I got a's on all my college papers...

Seriously though

My husband has been playing black flag nonstop and fb games are boring

I need stuff to keep me entertained!! Lol

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk

We need more bloggers for the main page. If you are interested please send me a PM. Some experience would be beneficial but not needed.

*Please Over 18 years of age only. Although I love the enthusiasm from our younger members, due to legality issues that COULD arise we really need you to be over 18. For those of you under 18 that are interested I'm trying to think of a role for you until you are 18.

Thank you,

Chris

I am an industry insider and used to write my own website called wiredallnight.com. If you need a blogger still I'd be available.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Tapatalk

ok, so its only been about 7 months in the making... finally made an attempt at an app review. check her out!

http://teamuscellular.com/Forum/blog/2/entry-463-free-google-play-store-credits-yes-please/